- Education required: High school diploma or equivalency
Experience required: Willing to train, but must have some shop experience. Press room operating or sheet metal experience is preferred but not required.
General Labor is responsible for assisting Metal Model Makers in job processes for the fabrication of sheet metal prototypes.
- Follow corporate, quality and safety policies procedures.
- Set up and operate machines such as presses, mills, saws, grinders, lathes etc., to fabricate prototypes.
- Operating hand tools – Air and power.
- Operating measuring tools – mics, height gages, etc.
- Filling out appropriate forms – work orders, move tickets, etc.
- Hi-Lo driver
- Clean and maintain work areas, machines and tooling.
- Skills, knowledge or abilities: Read, write & speak the English language fluently.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and conversions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as whole numbers and fractions, ratios and proportions and work with measurement devices.
- Ability to understand requests and convert those requests in a timely manner.
Other Skills and Abilities
- A strong commitment to success with a “can do / will do” attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively – both orally and in writing.
- Strong listening skills.
- Experience with planning and goal setting.
- Ability to create and maintain team building relationships within the organization.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to recognize and respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities concurrently.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to direct the emphasis and direction of self and others in an orderly and professional fashion.
- Ability to identify critical issues and recommend appropriate solutions in a timely manner.